Cloch Housing Association has been breathing new life back into their traditional tenement properties in the Wellpark Area.
Refurbished almost 30 years ago, these properties were starting to need a bit of TLC. In the last 6 months, Cloch has invested £500,000, bringing these properties back up to a very high standard. The flats have been upgraded with new central heating systems, full electrical rewiring and are currently having new windows installed. New modern Kitchens and Bathrooms have also been installed in many of the properties alongside the other improvements.
Alongside the extensive work being carried out on these flats, Cloch has also launched a local lettings initiative. This means that the flats will have specific restrictions on who they can be allocated to and a criteria will apply for a period of time. Government legislation allows housing providers to introduce local lettings initiatives (LLI’s) to assist them with improving communities.
You could be prioritised for one of these stunning town centre properties if you meet any of the following criteria:
· Are you a key worker who wishes to move closer to their place of employment?
· Have you been approved to adopt but do not currently have a property of sufficient size?
· Do you have a proven unbroken satisfactory housing association tenancy of at least 3 years?
· Do you have a local connection to the area?
· Do you require to be in the area due to employment or do you need to give or receive support from family members?
There are specific grounds which will exclude applicants from applying including anti-social behaviour, rent arrears and a poor tenancy history. For a full list of the criteria and for more information please click here: https://www.clochhousing.org.uk/wellpark-local-lettings-initiative/
To apply for one of the properties, register with www.Inverclydechr.org.uk today.