Bedroom Tax Help – Universal Credit

Do you claim Universal Credit and have bedrooms in your home that are unoccupied? Did you know you can apply for Discretionary Housing Payment for the bedroom tax?

If a household is entitled to 1p of Universal Credit, they automatically qualify for Discretionary Housing Payment to cover some of your rent costs. Discretionary Housing Payment will pay 14% of your rent charge for 1 extra bedroom and 25% of your rent charge for 2 extra bedrooms.

If you would like to apply for Discretionary Housing Payment, please get in touch to arrange an appointment with Financial Fitness.

Here’s the link to the Scottish Government’s guidance on Discretionary Housing Payment:

Visit Scottish Government's Website