Buildings Insurance

All Fully Factored Owners are covered unless you opt-out

All factored owners who live in tenements unless you provide proof of your own insurance policy so that we can confirm that your policy extends to cover your obligations to the common fabric and areas of the building, as per your Title Deeds. Under the Tenements (Scotland) Act 2004 (Prescribed Risks) Order 2007, it is a legal requirement for you to make sure that you are adequately covered.

Section 18 of the Tenements (Scotland) Act 2004 makes it clear those risks which owners are required to insure their property against. These are as follows:

  1. Fire, smoke, lightening, explosion, earthquake;
  2. Storm or flood;
  3. Theft or attempted theft;
  4. Riot civil, commotion, labour or political disturbance;
  5. Malicious persons or vandals;
  6. Subsidence heave or landslip;
  7. Escape of water from water tanks, pipes, apparatus, and domestic appliances;
  8. Collision with the building caused by any moving object originating outside the building;
  9. Leakage of oil from fixed heating installations; and
  10. Accidental damage to underground services.


The Association’s Block Buildings Insurance Policy is due for renewal on 1 April each year.


If you have any queries or would like to discuss any element of our Block Buildings Insurance Policy further, please contact the Finance team on 01475 783637 or by email at
If you need to claim in relation to the block policy we offer you should contact Bruce Stevenson directly on the number or email below:

Bruce Stevenson Insurance Broker Ltd, 76 Coburg Street, Edinburgh EH6

Tel: 0131 553 2293


Emergency/out of hours: 0131 553 22933

Policy details

Excess applicable:
• £250 to all losses other than freezing/escaping water which is £500 and subsidence which is £1,000.
• An excess to the communal building is £500.

A summary of the policy can be obtained by calling 01475 783637 and is provided annually with your invoice. If you need to see the full policy, it is available at our offices. If you require a full copy of the policy we will make an admin charge for this.
We also have in place Public Liability Insurance which is managed by the same insurance brokers (contact Bruce Stevenson as above).