Skip to Main Content

Give us Feedback

Home > Give us Feedback

clochie_hello_animatedWe are dedicated to providing our customers with the best service possible. With your feedback, we are able to better understand where we are doing well, and where we can improve. We record your feedback, big or small, no matter where it comes from as it helps us to deliver a better service. 

We would also encourage our customers to consider getting involved with the Association or with a local group in your area. By working together we are able to improve not only services delivered by Housing Associations like ourselves but also improve the communities that we live in. We know that this can be a big ask but it can make a huge difference. 

How do I....

Give a compliment

We love to hear about the good experiences that our customers have and would encourage you to let us know when this happens. It's great feedback as it helps us to see what services are doing well. We record these so that our staff and Board can see that the service we provide is welcome and that we are going in the right direction.

Call us Email us

Make a Complaint

We do attempt to deliver a good service to our customers but accept that sometimes things go wrong. Our complaints handling procedure aims to deal with customers’ concerns when they arise. You can make a complaint by:

If your complaint can't be resolved straight away or within 5 working days, this is classed as a Stage 1 complaint. If it is more serious, we will acknowledge your complaint within 3 working days and endeavour to resolve it within 20 working days. See our Complaints Leaflet for all the details.

Reporting a Significant Performance Failure

The Scottish Housing Regulator (SHR) can consider issues raised with them about ‘significant performance failures’.

A significant performance failure is defined by the SHR as something that a landlord does or fails to do that puts the interests of its tenants at risk, and which the landlord has not resolved. This is something that is a systematic problem that does, or could, affect all of a landlord’s tenants. You can ask us for more information about significant performance failures.

You can download an information leaflet here on reporting a significant performance failure, please

The SHR also has more information on their website or you can phone them on 0141 242 5642.

Take my Complaint Further

If you are unsatisfied with the response from Cloch and have followed our Complaints Handling Procedure, please use the below details to take your complaint further.

Scottish Public Services Ombudsman

If you a tenant and are not satisfied with the response Cloch gives you to a complaint and have followed our Complaints Handling Procedure, you can complain to the Scottish Public Service Ombudsman.

By Post: SPSO Freepost

Freephone advice line: 0800 377 7330

In Person:
Scottish Public Services Ombudsman
Bridgeside House
99 McDonald Road

Online contact

Significant performance failures

This is something your landlord does or fails to do, which puts the interests of the tenants at risk. This does, or could, affect all your landlord’s tenants. You should refer this to the Scottish Housing Regulator (Raising Concerns with the Regulator).

Housing Support Service – Warden Service (Elliott Court)

If your complaint is about the Association’s Housing Support Service this can be referred to the Care Inspectorate if you remain dissatisfied after going through the Complaints Handling Procedure.

Factored Owners

If you are an owner and are not satisfied with the response Cloch gives you to a complaint and have followed our Complaints Handling Procedure, then you are able to take your complaint to the First Tier Tribunal for Scotland – contact details are shown below:-

Housing and Property Chamber
First-tier Tribunal for Scotland
Glasgow Tribunals Centre
20 York Street
G2 8GT

Tel: 0141 302 5900
Website Address:

Other Ways to Get Involved

Select from the following options:

Community Partnership Meetings & Community Councils

If invited, we will take part in discussions that focus on housing issues, the environment, and wider issues in your community.

Email engagement (E-Consultation Register)

If coming to meetings isn’t for you, you can work with us from the comfort of your own home, and engage with us by email ( You can also get involved using our Customer Portal – My Cloch.

Estate Walkabouts

Estate Walkabouts allow tenants who live on our estates to tell us about common concerns or areas for improvement. Tenants will have the opportunity to come together and walk the estate with Cloch staff, to discuss and consider any important housing, environmental or social issue. We will tell you about walkabouts by letter, through our website, social media, and in our Newsletter.

Gala/Fun Days and Community Events

Cloch likes to play an active role in your community. We do this through the promotion of community events to encourage as wide a participation of the community in the events and to help develop good relationships in the local area. The community events will be appropriate to the needs and profile of the tenants in our areas.

Independent Tenant Satisfaction Survey

An independent survey of tenants is carried out on a regular basis (usually every 3 years) to provide a benchmark/measure of how services are being received.

Join the Board

Our Board is responsible for the biggest decisions that affect the work of the Association. There are opportunities for you to become involved with the Board. You will be fully supported by our staff.

Read More

Membership / AGM

As a Cloch Housing customer, you are eligible to become a member. This is how you ensure you are able to attend our Annual General Meetings and vote on any big decisions – and you can vote by proxy (through a member who does attend) if you prefer not to attend meetings in person.

Become a Member

Newsletters and other Publications

We are always looking for articles for our newsletter which is published quarterly and aims to keep residents up to date about current housing issues and give feedback on how well we are doing communicating and listening to our residents.

Contact Us Noticeboard

On-going Service Satisfaction Surveys and Questionnaires

We use a range of surveys to measure satisfaction levels with our main on-going services. We may carry surveys out by telephone for some areas where more detailed discussions are required to a smaller number of people.

Register of Tenants

If you join our tenants register you can become involved by taking part in surveys or commenting on particular service areas in which you are interested. Contact can be made by text, post, email or telephone call.

Registered Tenants Organisations (RTOs)

This is a more formal way of engagement with the Association. An RTO is an independent organisation set up to represent tenants and residents in their local area, they will have elected office bearers and a formal constitution. We will make sure we stay in touch with the RTO over any issues to do with its area.

Residents Groups

Tenants are encouraged to represent their local community on a wide range of issues by being part of an informal Residents Group in their area Cloch staff will help the group get started and give any help as you work through your issues.

Review of Complaints

Every contact with a customer is an opportunity to engage with them and the feedback from a customer who has had a bad experience is particularly valuable. We review our complaints to make sure we learn from them. The details are reported to our Board with a summary of the main changes to services that have been put in place because of the feedback from complaints.

Social Media & Website

We will highlight services and encourage tenants to contact us through our social media platforms - Facebook and Twitter. We also have a lot of useful information on our website and you can register for our customer portal – My Cloch. You can also download our mobile app.

Available Downloads

File Description File Size
Customer Service Standards Policy PDF icon 241KB
Unacceptable Action Policy PDF icon 155KB
Year End Complaints Report 2021 2022 PDF icon 120KB

Make A Stand Pledge Info

Customer Service Excellence AwardCyber Essentials Certification Inverclyde Common Housing Register Living Wage Accreditation    Keep Safe Logo  Scottish Federation of Housing Associations Member Scottish Housing Regulator Scottish Public Services Ombudsman