Skip to Main Content

Report a Repair

Home > Report a Repair

Ensuring that our properties are repaired and maintained to a high standard in one of our core duties. This includes making sure that general day to day reactive repairs are attended to within reasonable timescales, as well as planning for future major works such as the replacement of boilers, kitchens, bathrooms, windows, and doors, etc. We also provide a factoring service that includes the repair and upkeep of common areas.

Report an Emergency Repair

During Office Opening Hours

During the day, please call the office.

Call 01475 783 637

During Office Closure and Out of Hours

Service Update: From Monday 14th August 2023, all out of hours emergency repairs will be carried out by James Frew. How you report an out of hours emergency repair hasn’t changed. 

Out of hours emergency repairs are carried out by James Frew for all trades. Please contact our office on 01475 783 637 and listen to the voice message to connect your call.

Report Non-Urgent Repairs

During office opening hours, please phone the office on 01475 783637.

Maintenance Clochie

Report at any time with MyCloch

At any time of the day or night, submit non-emergency repair requests to us by registering for our My Cloch tenant portal.

Log into My Cloch

Select from the following options: 


The Association arranges for a variety of medical adaptation works to be carried out for our tenants with the works funded by the Scottish Government. Typical adaptation works include the installation of wet floor showers, supplying and fitting handrails and also access ramps, and is for residents who are elderly, infirm, have a disability, or have a family member with a disability.

Read More about Adaptations

Categories and Timescales

We have 3 categories of repairs. These are:

Emergency Will be attended and made safe within 4 hours of being reported
Urgent Will be completed within 2 working days
Routine Will be completed within 10 working days
Gas Safety Inspections

As your Landlord, and to ensure your safety, we have a legislative duty to make sure that our gas contractor visits your home to carry out a gas safety inspection to your boiler no later than 12 months from the previous visit. All tenants will receive reminders requesting access to your home prior to the date of the previous safety inspection.

Visit Gas Safety Inspections Page

Rechargeable Repairs

Will I Have To Pay For Repair Work Carried Out By The Association?

Under normal circumstances the Association will arrange for the work to be done and pay for it except if the repair is due to damage caused by a tenant, lodger or visitor. In these cases we will carry out the repair and recharge the costs to you. Alternatively you could arrange for a tradesman to carry out the work and a Housing/Maintenance Officer will then check the repair to make sure that it has been carried out to our satisfaction.

What Repairs Am I Responsible For?

As a tenant of the Association you are responsible for certain repairs in and around your home, which are as follows:-

  • Your own fitments.
  • Internal decoration.
  • Door Bells (except if provided by the Association).
  • Door locks and replacement keys where you have lost or broken keys.
  • Door Nameplates on flat entrance door (not door entry panels).
  • Connections to washing machines and cookers.
  • Light bulbs and electric fuses in plugs.
  • Fluorescent tubes and starters.
  • Garden Huts/Greenhouses/Pigeon lofts.
  • Rotary driers and Ropes for drying clothes.
  • Shower unit (except if provided by the Association).
  • Waste Plugs & Chains to washbasin/bath/sink.
  • Blocked waste and soil pipes where these have been caused by tenant misuse. (e.g. fat, cotton wool, etc.)
  • All floor coverings (e.g. carpets, tiles, laminate, etc.)

For the above, you are expected to take action yourself, however, if you are unable to carry out any of these tasks, for example if you are elderly or suffer from a disability, please discuss this with us. We may be able to suggest special arrangements. Contact the office if in doubt.

What If The Damage Is Caused By The Tenant?

As detailed earlier, tenants will be charged for any repairs caused by damage or misuse by themselves, members of their family, lodgers, or visitors.

Right to Repair

From the 30th September 2002, the Scottish Government deemed that tenants of the Association have the right to have certain repairs carried out within a designated timescale. This is called the “Right to Repair Scheme”

The Right to Repair covers certain repairs known as “Qualifying Repairs” which are estimated to cost up to £350. In total there are 17 “Qualifying Repairs”.
If the contractor instructed by the Association fails to meet these timescales, the tenant may be entitled to compensation.

The Scottish Government has published a leaflet on the Right to Repair that you may find useful.

Useful Contacts

Register for My Cloch

If you haven't already registered, you can register your details at My Cloch. Registration is simple and free; you will need your account number to register – it should be on letters/statements we have sent you if you can't find it please contact the office. Once registered, you can log in and report non-emergency repairs or check the status of repairs you have reported already.

Login or Sign up  

Our Contractors

We have two main contractors who carry out the majority of our reactive repairs:
The McDougall Group has been appointed to carry out the majority of our day to day repairs, for example, water leaks, lock repairs, broken windows, tap replacements, etc.

James Frew's - Gas Sure are responsible for carrying out the annual gas safety inspections, and also all general heating and hot water faults.
As well as these contractors, we have appointed a landscaping contractor to maintain our open spaces and we also have other smaller specialist contractors, for example, door entry systems and communal television repairs.

For all non-emergency repair requests, we will try to provide an appointment that suits the needs of our customers.
For all emergency repairs reported we will instruct our contractor to attend and MAKE SAFE within 4 hours.
Both McDougall and James Frew / Gas Sure provide an Out of Hours Repairs Service for repairs that are deemed as an Emergency.

Available Downloads

File Description File Size
Gas Maintenance Policy PDF icon 427KB
Reactive Repairs Policy PDF icon 520KB
Rechargeable Repairs Policy PDF icon 439KB

Make A Stand Pledge Info

Customer Service Excellence AwardCyber Essentials Certification Inverclyde Common Housing Register Living Wage Accreditation    Keep Safe Logo  Scottish Federation of Housing Associations Member Scottish Housing Regulator Scottish Public Services Ombudsman