Tenant Participation (Customer Engagement)
Tenant Participation is about tenants taking part in the decision making process and influencing decisions about housing policies, priorities and housing related services. Participation or Customer Engagement can mean different things to different people. It can range from getting information that is well presented and easily understood to becoming a member of the association’s Board and becoming involved in the running of the Association.
Our Housing Officers are here to support and encourage tenants to take part and to ensure that our tenants have all the information they need to get involved. All of our staff and Board are committed to tenant involvement in all areas of our work.
We give you the opportunity to get involved in the management of your home and/or neighbourhood in a number of ways, and at different levels so you can be as involved as much or as little you want to be. The choice is yours.
What you can do:
• Become a share member of the Association for £1.00
• Join our Board
• Form a tenant or resident organisation in your area or become a member of an existing group
• Read our leaflets and newsletter articles, and return comments
• Complete and return our questionnaires or surveys
• Let your Housing Officer know that you would like to be involved and what subjects interest you
• Join our Customer Scrutiny Group
• Let us have your comments, suggestions and complaints
Our Customer Engagement Strategy, which was produced following consultation with service users, outlines our commitment to tenant participation and involvement. You can download it from the documents section.